the7stars launched in September 2005. Now 200+ people strong, we are the largest independent media agency in the UK, previously winning the accolade of Media Agency of the Year from both Media Week and Campaign, which testifies to our alternative ethos and approach.
In 2018 we had yet another fantastic haul at the Media Week awards, bringing home a gold, a silver and three bronze awards – across campaigns for Foo Fighters, Suzuki and Iceland. We also recently won our first IPA Effectiveness award. On top of that we are consistently featured in the Sunday Times Best 100 Small Companies to Work For.
Our success can be directly attributed to the levels of client service, planning and implementation value we deliver for clients that is truly unrivalled elsewhere.
We have a unique working environment and open structure which encourages personal development through early client contact,
team work / training and exposure to all media from day one.
We currently work closely with valued clients across a diverse range of sectors from Music, Travel, Retail and Fashion.
We count the likes of Iceland, MADE.com, Gousto, Suzuki, Warner Music Group, Ladbrokes Coral, Deliveroo and Nintendo among our current clients, all of whom contribute to annual billings in excess of £300m.
Click on the logo to learn more about the7stars.
As Senior Data Architect / Scientist, you will be working within our dynamic and growing Insight & Analytics team. We are an award winning group in our own right, having won both MediaTel’s Media Agency Team of the Year and the MRGs Agency Team of the year in 2018 along with being shortlisted and winning awards at Media Week and the MRS.
The team is a full-service function that supports all clients of the7stars, and works collaboratively with the wider agency. We take a methodologically neutral approach, designing bespoke solutions and frameworks based on our client’s individual business objectives.
We’re looking for someone with technical expertise in data and analytics, strong commercial, consultative, communication and management skills – able to deliver innovative and ground-breaking client solutions.
- Engage clients in the art of data strategy and decisioning to drive business transformation
- Results oriented with a focus on adding commercial value for clients through the enhanced application of data and analytics
- Take an innovative and pro-active approach to finding solutions by mapping and building data ecosystems bespoke to individual client challenges
- Comfortable in mining the detail of large data sets with the ability to deliver to macro business objectives
- Be a senior member of the team, providing support and advice to the other team leads, as well as more junior members
- Work collaboratively with other relevant teams in the agency including Insight, Data and Digital to engage relevant decision makers to deliver successful projects that span multiple functions of the agency
- Build the agency’s capabilities to encompass greater data management and modelling skills
- Instil standards, methods and best practice to foster a transparent way of working with data for clients of the7stars
- Champion engagement with data visualisation platforms and outputs
The ideal candidate must have:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Previous experience in a media data analytics role, either client side, in a specialist consultancy or with a media agency
- Experience building and visualising bespoke data models and solutions
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in an accessible manner
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and engage multiple stakeholders
- A self starter attitude with the ability to proactively identify client needs and the solutions that meet and exceed them
- Experience working with 1st, 2nd and 3rd party digital data sources and crafting analytical strategies
- Scripting languages experience such as R, Python, SQL – comfortable cleaning, merging and manipulating large data
sets, querying databases and data mining
- Significant client facing experience, comfortable presenting to large audiences and dealing with challenging questions
- An interest or background in methods such as machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence
- Experience in data segmentation and modelling
Salary & Benefits – From Day 1
• Very competitive base salary
• Unlimited holidays (obviously with agreement from team!)
• New business bonus – 5% of first year new account revenue (only applicable during your first year)
• Death in service benefit – 4x salary
• Discovery Dosh – each quarter a pot of money is up for grabs for you to go and try something new (like rock climbing or cocktail making!)
• Idea of the week – £10 up for grabs if your idea to improve life at the7stars gets the most votes
• Child Care Vouchers
• Free cereals, fruit, juices and smoothies
• No time sheets
• Flexi Friday – come in between 8am and 10am
• Personal training – bespoke training programme for you, including time out of the office for study leave, conferences or exams
• Personal finance advice via Employee Assistance Programme
• Buddy scheme
• Hotel discounts on Aldwych
• Payday drinks – a night of fun and games in our own company bar
• Media owner party – each year we celebrate our birthday with a HUGE party, inviting all our media owner friends
• Business plan social – annual business plan presentation and social event to establish goals and celebrate success
• Christmas party – lunchtime until the early hours!
Other Benefits – From 3 Months
• Bonuses – summer profit share bonus and performance related Christmas bonus on top of regular salary
• Pension – the7stars will pay 5% contribution of your basic salary and you can contribute whatever you wish into a Standard Life pension
• Health insurance – cover with Vitality plus rewards (up to 70% off Champneys, weekly cinema tickets and discounts with BA)
• Income protection – if you are sick for over 13 weeks, we will make sure 75% of your salary is paid on a monthly basis until you are fit to come back to work
• Medical Cashback – run alongside Vitality health insurance. You can claim cashback through Westfield Health on medical expenses such as dental, consultations, counselling and health screening
• Maternity, paternity, fostering and adoption leave scheme – new parents can take a year off with up to 6 months paid leave, dependent on service length
• Annual ski trip – subsidised
• Cycle to work scheme – including locked storage space for you to keep at work
• Travel – if you need an annual season ticket for travelling to work, we can sort you out with a loan. We also have company oyster cards and Boris Bike keys to get you to and from meetings
• Gym Membership – free multi-gym membership through Virgin Active, Fitness First, Gymbox and Nuffield Health (taxable benefit)
• National Art Pass – reduced prices for annual pass
• Work Place Giving – donate straight to your favourite charity straight out of your monthly pay
• New Tech Scheme – we pay upfront and then you can pay in monthly instalments until the balance is paid