WHO WE ARE?
Our Analytics & Insight team houses all of the data, effectiveness and insight specialists within our agency. The team has one purpose – to ensure that every media planning decision is fuelled by the best data and insights available.
Our Analytics & Insight team is crucial for our client’s success by delivering a data-driven approach to media strategy, planning and activation with an emphasis on accountability and innovation.
An integral part of Analytics & Insight is our Data Science & Modelling team which specialises in marketing analytics. The Data Science & Modelling team is committed to building connections along clients’ business journey to ensure they can make the right decisions to optimise their business performance. We do this using a vast range of analytical techniques which are bespoke for each business question and client.
Our areas of expertise span market mix modelling, budget setting and allocation, forecasting, brand equity modelling, launch volumetric studies and conjoint to name but a few. Our primary focus is on getting insight out of data and analytics in order to provide recommendations for clients that are realistic, relevant and above all actionable. We are a team of 50+ experts, working across more than 25 clients in the UK and globally. We analyse over £600m of communications spend each year, covering 15% of UK media spend which means we are the leading experts in our field.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Our Data Science & Modelling team are seeking a Principal Analyst to support their Account Lead/Director in the day to day running of the technical aspects of analytics projects. You will be responsible for data processing and take a partial lead in client modelling, analysis and reporting, alongside your more senior team members.
3 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB
- You’ll be at the cutting edge of the most advanced analytics in the media industry, seeing the industry improve and change from the very front
- You’ll be working in a close knit friendly team who are there to support you at every stage of your career, we truly work as a team
- You’ll be constantly learning and challenged, no two days will ever be the same, and every day there an opportunity to improve on everything that has gone before
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
In 3 months, you would have:
- Been fully immersed in the team’s analytics approaches, developed a good working relationship with the Account Team and worked on your first client project
In 6 months, you would have:
- Completed your first client project end-to-end, from Data Processing to Client Presentation with little input from your manager, with support from junior team members
In 12 months, you would have:
- Worked across a number of client projects and taken on increasing ownership of different project elements, actively participating in ongoing improvements of processes and workflows
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support Account Lead / Director in day-to-day running of technical aspects of own projects
- Be responsible for data processing on own projects and begin to take the lead in client analysis and reporting
- Take a major role in presenting client presentations, showing confidence and understanding of their business and key concerns
- Ensure our analytics are fully integrated across the entire client team in the agency
- Coach and develop junior team member(s), where applicable, so they maximise their potential
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in Marketing Mix Modelling
- An analytical mindset, able to approach issues and challenges from a variety of angles
- Highly numerate, with strong mathematical acumen
- Great written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Good knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Advanced Excel and Power Point user
- Advanced Eviews or other modelling software
- Knowledge of programming language (e.g. R, Python) desirable
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. We challenge conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
We understand that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. This is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. We are committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
We want to eradicate inequity. We don’t tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. Our group of agencies have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged seven commitments which we would be delighted to share with you.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don’t feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!