the7stars are the UK’s largest independent media agency, Campaign’s Best Place to Work and Media Week’s Agency of the Year. We deliver media planning, activation and strategic marketing services to clients such as Entain, Warner Music, Nintendo, Vision Express, Iceland and TSB.
We are unlike any other agency.
That distinction started back in 2005 when we named ourselves after a pub and promised to do things differently. This commitment has stuck with us over 16 years and continues to guide how we work, how we think and how we treat one another. Our philosophy can be expressed in a single word. Freedom.
Our Freedom philosophy lives across our entire business from people, product and planning. It means we plan & buy media how we want, develop careers how we want, take holiday when we need it, develop tools when we need them, give people a platform to speak up, question and express themselves freely – but more importantly it has allowed us to create an amazing place to work.
In 2021 we have achieved our 9th year in a row as a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for and have been awarded Campaign’s number one media agency to work for accolade for the second year running. If thinking freely and with integrity is your bag, then the7stars is an agency you should meet.
Click on the logo to learn more about the7stars.
THE ROLE & EXPERIENCE
As Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness Manager, you will be a key member of the7stars team. You will engage with clients as both a practitioner (attribution, econometrics, experiments) and a strategic advisor (investment planning, brand strategy, test and learn, go to market). Your role will
be to support key clients in driving marketing driven profit growth through the design, co-ordination and delivery of analytics initiatives.
You will be guaranteed variety, autonomy and senior client exposure and will work across a broad range of clients, categories, audiences, project briefs and methods from day one.
The Insight & Analytics unit you will be apart of are an award winning multi-discipline team. In recent years we have won prestigious awards including WARC Effectiveness, Marketing Society, Campaign/Media Week, Market Research Society and IPA Effectiveness. We support clients by providing a range of measurement and forecasting solutions that help them understand and predict every aspect of customer behaviour. We engage with clients as long term strategic advisers, building a partnership for evidence based growth.
We are looking for the following attributes & experience in the successful candidate:
- Relentless intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of Econometrics, Forecasting, Investment Planning & Optimisation, Media Experiments/Tests. You are highly likely to be ‘hands on’ in your current role
- Comfortable in the minute detail of large data sets but equally mindful of the big picture
- Results oriented with an unerring focus on adding commercial value for our clients through better use of data and analytics
- Has a passion for sharing knowledge and has a coach’s mindset. A big part of the role is to equip clients and planning teams to make more evidence based investment decisions autonomously
- An awareness of current hot topics in the industry, with a perspective too
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience (4+ years) in a marketing effectiveness or marketing analytics role. This is likely to have been with a media agency, specialist consultancy or client side
- Experience building, communicating and leveraging econometric models to drive growth
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in a universally accessible manner and build rapport with non technical clients
- Excellent data visualisation skills and attention to detail
- A track record of project managing complex analytics projects from scope to delivery
- The ability to teach and be taught – absorb new knowledge quickly as well as educating and empowering your agency colleagues
- Solutions first mindset with the ability to proactively identify client needs and the solutions that meet and exceed them
- Comfortable presenting insights to senior marketing clients
The successful candidate will have some of:
- A strong understanding of the marketing planning process and the current media landscape
- Experience developing new tools that increase the utilisation of analytics through the marketing planning process
- Track record of automating complex processes for agencies or advertisers
- Comfortable with scripting languages (R, Python, SQL most relevant). Skilled at extracting, managing and manipulating big data sets. Experience in data mining/scraping
- Experience managing analysts (primarily on a functional basis; mentoring, coaching etc)
- Worked within an Agile framework
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary dependent on expected impact in role
- Free breakfast
- Company bar
- Flexible working
- Uncounted holiday (Birthdays or the day after are now compulsory!)
- New Business Bonus eligible in your first year as a 7stars employee
- Personal finance advice
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness cover
- Summer profit share bonus and Christmas bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Choice of 5 gyms
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive maternity, paternity, fostering and adoption leave package, including a bonus for mums when they announce they are expecting and a Gousto box for when the baby first arrives home
- Royal London pension (Including a Green Pension option)
- Employee assistance programme
the7stars is committed to creating a diverse environment, where employees feel empowered to share different ideas, perspectives and experiences in a collaborative and creative work environment. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.