Overview of role
The successful candidate will join a team of marketing effectiveness consultants whose core objective is to support FMCG manufacturer’s growth plans by analysing the impact of their in-store sales and marketing activity and identifying opportunities to improve performance.
Recommendations are made on our client’s assortment, media, price and promotional strategies. This is achieved via store clustering analysis using EPOS data. As an Analytics Consultant you work with a team of consultants to support contracted and ad hoc services to IRi’s analytics clients. You will be responsible for managing projects from sign off through to the delivery of reports and results to the local consultants working closely with both the solutions consultant and the offshore modelling team.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into an insight-based consultancy department. You will play an active part in ensuring that In-Store Profilers continue to grow within the IRI business.
Click on the logo to learn more about IRI.
Main role responsibilities
- Supporting the solutions consultants in the preparation of client presentations and reports via data analysis of model outputs
- Provide an effective liaison between solutions consultant and offshore modelling consultants (based in Greece) to facilitate the delivery process
- Co-ordination with FMCG clients to agree aspects of the project parameters, managing client communication during the project
- Interpreting clients’ research questions into accurate project scopes detailing project objectives, project deliverables and model parameters (products, retailers, measures, attributes etc)
- Apply sound logic to define comprehensive product grouping and product interaction matrixes for analysis via use of IRI’s market tracking databases
- Make rational and logical decisions based on data trends and other available information
- Quality checking modelling outputs and providing feedback to the modelling team
- Follow existing processes and propose improvements
- Providing support to the sales process and to project meetings assisting with workload and timeline estimates for both the local and offshore team
- Attending client meetings and supporting the solutions consultant during the delivery of the results
Skills & experience required
- Previous relevant experience (potentially gained through placement year) and preferably with data analysis or data management background
- Interest in or understanding of marketing strategy, and/or FMCG business/market trends
- Applicants do not need to have a statistical background to apply, but must have strong analytical skills with an aptitude for accurately managing and interpreting data and proficient in MS Office and preferably with experience of working with databases
- Ability to demonstrate a concern for quality and accuracy in all areas of work
- Self-motivated, accountable and committed with strong decision making and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Articulate, able to proactively identify and communicate issues, taking ownership for resolution and/or escalating as appropriate
About IRI – what we do
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help FMCG, healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated in an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market leading growth.
About IRI – who we are
As well as the technical skills, experience and attributes that are required for the role, our values sit at the core of our organisation. Therefore we always look for people who can continuously champion our values through-out the business within their day-to-day role:
- Collaboration: the ability to work as a wider team and consider the business as a whole in every action
- Personal Development: pro-actively seek out new ways to develop your skills and become more effective within your role
- Executional Excellence: superb attention to detail with the ability to plan effectively for the future
- Client Growth: natural ability to nurture client relationships and deliver sustainable business growth to clients
- Innovation: consistently seek out new ways to approach every task/situation
- Creativity: continuously challenge the way we do things and how we can make our offering different to our competitors
About IRI – where we are
Our UK Head Office is based in Arlington Square, Bracknell.
This is just a short drive from the M4 and a 10-15 minute walk from Bracknell Train Station.
About IRI – what working for us can do for you
- Long-term career development in a market-leading organisation
- Competitive salary and impressive benefit package to match
- Working in an international company with opportunities across the UK and globally
- Bespoke training to suit your individual needs and development
- Friendly working environment with regular social events planned by our internal social committee throughout the year